Breaking News

Monday 9 April 2018

On The Cover: MAYA FAITH WILLIAMS


EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW 
MAYA FAITH WILLIAMS

Winner of COVERSEARCH 2017 
Category D (5 to 12 years)
Images by Hannah William Photography
Venue by Le Méridien Kota Kinabalu
Issue No.10 (Jan-Mar 2018)






















Hi Maya! Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
My full name is Maya Faith Ibraheem David Williams Chong Ai, but friends usually know me by the name Maya Faith Williams. I am 9 years old and I am currently in year 4. I have a younger sister call Tia Starr Williams and my dad is called David Williams and my mom is Nirwana Chong. My Father is from Manchester, United Kingdom and my mommy is born and bred Sabahan. I can speak Malay as well as English, I tried learning Mandarin before but I was not good at it. I love music and dancing and acting. I too have been taking ballet lessons since I was 5 years old and I am in grade three.


What is your favourite food?
I have a lot of favourite food. But mostly I like Nasi Briyani, Soto, Satay, Maggie Noodle (But my mom don’t let me eat it all the time, she said it’s bad for you), and my Popo’s Curry Chicken. I am a typical Malaysian Girl :-)






What are your hobbies?
During my free time, I love spending time and playing with my little sister Tia. I too love dancing, acting and singing. Apart from that, like every other girl my age I love watching cartoon and TV shows, my current favorite is Victorious. It’s about a teenage girl trying to get her way in into Hollywood Arts in America. Apart from that, I enjoy spending time with my cats and sneaking on playing make ups with my sister.


How did you feel when you were announced the winner at the COVERSEARCH 2017 contest?
I was very happy and excited because I did not expect that I would win. After knowing that I have won, I was so excited and I have won amazing prizes such as spending vouchers and I get to stay at Hotel Grandis too. I was also overwhelmed as I did work a little hard on my rapping performance. So I guess hard work pays off <3