The benefits of infant massage have been enjoyed in other cultures for centuries, and now parents in Sabah can learn the techniques to help their babies enjoy this gift of loving touch as well. Learning infant massage is made easy with a certified infant massage instructor to guide you through each stroke diligently until you are confident in using these simple techniques.
Baby massage in Little Penyu is usually taught in a small group setting, or alternatively, parents can opt for a private individual session in Little Penyu or at the comfort of your home. Each session will run over a course of 4-5 weeks period (once a week), so that parents can learn the strokes gradually and to allow babies time to adjust to being massaged.
*Little Penyu infant massage instructors are experienced and they are Certified Infant Massage Instructors with the International Association of Infant Massage.
BENEFITS of INFANT MASSAGE
- Assist to relieve gas, colic, constipation or teething pain and Improve sleep patterns.
- Reduce stress hormones and promotes happy hormones especially in lactating mothers.
- Increased flexibility and muscle tone.
- Promoting bonding, secure attachment, feelings of love, respect and being valued.
Hydrotherapy From Birth
Finding ways to effectively bondwith your baby can be challenging especially for busy working parents. When you do have time, there is only so much you can do especially with babies who are in their pre-crawling stage. This is where Little Penyu comes in. Little Penyu Baby Swim Spa is the first baby swim spa in Sabah providing indoor hydrotherapy (floatation and exercise in water) and swimming service for babies as early as 0 month without the risk of harsh chlorinated water and the outdoor elements.
Water therapy from birth is fantastic for baby’s brain health and physical development even before they start crawling. It utilizes their whole body movement and also assists baby to sleep and eat better. In each hydrotherapy session, the more your baby uses his/her brain and muscles, the stronger they will grow.
As your baby kicks around in the water, the small rocking waves he/ she creates will help to improve their balance and coordination and, ultimately, support their ability to crawl, walk and swim. Even if your baby falls asleep in the water, that rocking motion will continue with his/her rhythmic breathing.
Nurturing bonds especially for busy parents is important for us. At Little Penyu, every parent is encouraged to be hands on; from the baby warm up session to dressing them up. Our trained physiotherapist will guide and demonstrate every movement to make sure it is done safely and correctly.
BENEFITS of HYDROTHERAPY
- Muscular and skeletal strength is increased through the water’s gentle resistance.
- Subtle water pressure on the chest can increase lung capacity by strengthening intercostal muscles and the respiratory system.
- Regular visits can benefit the cardiovascular system.
- Innate swimming reflexes are stimulated and co-ordination is developed as they learn to control their movements.
Lot J-1-5, 1st Floor, Block J, (In Front of Lucy's Kitchen),
Lorong Metro Town, Jalan Bunga Ulam Raja,
88300 Kota Kinabalu, Sabah.
For enquiries, please call 088-383 639 or visit www.littlepenyu.com today. Follow them on Facebook!