Breaking News

Friday 15 June 2018

6 Father’s Day Gifts my Husband Secretly Wants



6 Father’s Day Gifts my Husband Secretly Wants

By Lisa Sabrina Ambrose | Writer & Content Director 




With plans for school holiday and Hari Raya coming up, did we all just forgot about Father’s Day? Oops.. it’s on Sun,17th June ladies! So after being married for nearly 10 years, I realised that I need to up the ante a bit. I must think out of the box this year and try to be a mindreader to what my husband really wants. I know men secretly wish their wives can read their minds. Neckties, wallets, briefs, perfumes, dinner at 5 star restaurant, Shirts, watches – I’ve done all that. I should try to be more unpredictable! So after doing some thinking, (extensive) research and inspiration-seeking, here’s what I think my husband secretly wants!



#1 Handmade and Homemade


The way to a man’s heart is through his stomach!

Being the simple man that he is, my husband would definitely appreciate a homemade dinner cooked up by me, assisted by my kids VS an expensive fine dining affair. I’d make a fancy shmancy heart shape Nasi Lemak and the kids can help with making his favourite pie. Food will be presented after he reads a cute handmade card by us.  


We’d make sure the kids don’t take their afternoon nap so they’ll get knocked out early and we can get on to ‘dessert’ ๐Ÿ˜

Investment: RM75
Effort level : 5/10
Love level : 8.8/10



#2 A Surprise morning picnic by the beach

To level up a bit from No.1, I think he would very much want me to repeat the surprise picnic Serene, my 6 year old daughter and I coordinated for him last year! With our helper, Aunty Kis as the accomplice, we drove out to Tg Lipat Park at 7am with a car full of pastries, overnight oat jars, yummy food, a mat, a parasol and some decorative items. Early morning joggers looked puzzled and some thought we were selling stuff!

Once ready, We texted ‘instructions’ to daddy and asked him to meet us there at 8. The genuinely surprised and touched look on his face was the best reward for all of us! He remarked that the “breakfast fit for a King” picnic was his best memory ever!๐Ÿ˜š

Investment : RM45
Effort level : 7/10
Love level : 9.8 /10



#3 A BBQ Grill ala Pitmasters

Known as the “Tukang BBQ” of the family, my husband loves an evening grill at our backyard ‘bila datang rajin’. Last year he DIY-ed a BBQ grill out of a ‘dorom’ (a used metal drum) which had been put to good use and had created so many memories for us.

But I think he secretly wishes to be standing behind a Dual Function 2-Burner Propane Gas and Charcoal Grill in Black and Stainless Steel from Weber or Coleman – he instantly looks more masculine when entertaining in front of friends and family! 

The price tag on this thing would probably mean that we have to sacrifice eating out for 6 months but it’ll be well worth it!

Investment : RM4500
Effort level : 9/10
Love level : 9.8 /10



#4 His own Bedroom TV !

When you have three kids, the Living room TV (and your whole life actually) gets taken hostage by them! The only shows on TV are either Baby Shark doo doo doo, Paw Patrol and Luna Petunia in our home these days๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜. We don’t even get to watch our favourite Netflix stand up comedy once a week anymore (largely due to all the vulgar language our kids pick up too quickly.  “What does d*ck mean mummy?” – for example ๐Ÿ˜…)

So I’m guessing that his own 32” TV and cast device where he can enjoy uninterrupted shows might be very much appreciated and needed. It’ll also create that exclusive hotel room ‘vibe’.
Should I throw in an adult subscription as “icing on the cake” ๐Ÿ˜†? Win-win!

Investment : RM700
Effort level : 8/10
Love level : 9.8 /10





#5 Penis Pokey “ Activity Book “

I nearly peed from all the laughing when I saw this! This is not your Sudoku book, ladies and gentleman. It is no child’s activity book. The Book Where You’re the Star!” is how the author describe it. Each page has a large die-cut hole in the centre so your guy can put his ehm, manhood in fun situations. It will turn his manhood into a banana, a hot dog, or a sea serpent. It’s a genius invention! ๐Ÿ˜œ


He would secretly want this because after 10 years of marriage, I think we should put some sense of humour to spice things up! Imagine all the tickling laughter this book will generate! Not to mention the various “selfie” opportunities for me and him to “look back on” 10 years from now. Laughter is the best medicine, they say. And I can’t think of a better stress-relief book! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Investment : RM70
Effort level : 5/10
Love level : 7 /10







#6 ME (in a birthday suit)?

Many articles say men are simple beings with simple needs and I think it’s no exception for my husband! Should I get myself “Jamu Rapat Menawan” and “Jamu Sedap Malam” to prepare for it so my husband will ‘mengaum’ as what the product claims? Hahaha! (seriously go google those testimonials guys) 





As for ehemm.. the “props” ..-There were so many sexytime kits suggestion I found on Google, some even shocked the old auntie out of me. I don’t even know where to start. Ann Summers has got some beautifully designed products and loads of ‘interesting’ ideas if you’d like to explore your inner naughty mummy. I tried going through ‘50 Shades of Grey’ for more ideas but I got too horrified with the complexity of it. So I’ll probably skip that! ๐Ÿ˜†

As funny as this idea may seem to me, I think just giving myself to him would be the winner. Not only will it help with de-stressing, it’s an important high level communication that will bring two tired parents closer. 

Dr. Willard Harley asserts in his book ‘His Needs, Her Needs’ that while a man has emotional needs too, a man’s view of romance is much more focused on a single experience: sexual affirmation and intimacy. So mayyybe... that’s what my husband secretly wants for Father’s Day? ๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Investment : RM0
Effort level : 10/10
Love level : 20 /10